Sidle Insurance has helped 100's of Nonprofit Organizations manage insurance programs all over the Central Finger Lakes area and beyond... even to other states outside of New York.
Nonprofits often function on a tight budget. This makes getting insurance important as a large, unexpected expense can be detrimental. A good nonprofit insurance policy will have the right balance of price and coverage.
What are the benefits of nonprofit insurance?
Nonprofits need insurance coverage for buildings, records, office equipment, maybe even vehicles owned or leased by the nonprofit. But the majority of the insurance claims nonprofits face are based on legal liability for the wrongful decisions of their boards of directors or for injuries sustained during special events or on premises where nonprofit's conduct business or provide services. So the right liability insurance coverage is especially important to a nonprofit. Call us today at 607-535-6501 and we'll help get the insurance coverage you need.
What types of insurance should a nonprofit get?
There are many types of insurance for nonprofits. Here are some common types of nonprofit insurance. Every nonprofit is different, we can help you determine which coverage best fits your needs.
- General liability insurance protects against injury and property damage to third parties. This can include visitors, customers, suppliers or associates. Employees are often covered separately by worker’s compensation.
- Property insurance protects your assets in the event of a fire, disaster or vandalism. These assets can include the building, fixtures, equipment, machinery, furniture, computers, inventory and supplies.
- Auto insurance covers injuries from an accident involving your staff or volunteers using any car, including their own, for nonprofit activities.
- Product liability insurance protects your nonprofit in the event of a lawsuit claiming your product is unsafe or defective.
- Directors and officers insurance protects the members of your board of directors and your officers in the event of a lawsuit alleging fraud or financial mismanagement.
- Professional liability insurance protects against claims of mismanagement and workplace incidents like discrimination or sexual harassment.
- Workers’ compensation compensates employees for medical expenses and lost wages after an on-the-job injury.
Get started today!
Get a Quote
You can contact us directly for a customized evaluation of your nonprofit’s needs. Give us a call at (607) 535-6501 or pay us a visit during the week at 219 S. Catherine Street, Montour Falls, NY 14865. We will search for the right coverage to fit your needs and budget so you can keep working to better the community.