Our agency president, David Sidle, has some exciting news to share with our clients…we have acquired a second location in Corning, NY!
This message from Dave describes all of the details you need to know as a Sidle Insurance Client:
“I’ve known Bob and Alicia Bowers of the Bowers and Associates insurance agency for several years. While we were competitors…we were always friendly competitors. I’ve always considered Bob to be a very honorable man and have admired the way in which he’s conducted his business. That’s why I was very humbled when he called me a few months ago to tell me that he’d like me to purchase his agency since he would be retiring.
Much like Bowers and Associates, we are a small family business. Many of our clients are familiar with our humble beginnings.
My parents opened Sidle Insurance in Watkins Glen back in 1972. I joined the agency in 1991. Shortly thereafter I was joined by my wife Sharon. For over two decades now I have led the agency with the same ideals with which it was started…
Much like Bob and Alicia, we have kept our agency as a family business, appreciating the ability to personally know and service our clients. Currently we have a tight-knit, 8 member staff (including Sharon and I).
While our agency in now located in Montour Falls, we will be keeping the Bowers’ Corning location open to provide as little disruption as possible to our incoming clients.
What changes should our current clients expect?
Virtually none. Our home base location in Montour Falls will remain open with the same hours and services. We will continue to live up to standard of service that we have kept for the last 5 decades.
Your investment in our insurance services is what allows us to thrive and provide our expertise to more and more folks in our community. We value your business and look forward to continuing our relationship with you.
What changes should incoming Bowers’ clients expect?
Only good ones, we think! We understand that no two insurance agencies operate in the same way; but we think you’ll appreciate what we’re bringing on board:
- Expanded hours – We will now be open Tuesday-Friday from 8AM to 5PM, and in just a few weeks, we will plan to be open on Mondays. In the meantime, you will still be able to reach us on Mondays by simply calling the office.
- More insurance companies – Bob and Alicia have worked with some great companies, and we’re going to keep those relationships. That said, we bring many more options available to work with. Perhaps you have other insurance policies that Bowers and Associates didn’t write for you. We’d love to service those policies for you as well, offering the convenience of having everything in one spot.
- Automation – We know not everyone is a fan of computers, but they sure make our lives easier. We have an online client portal where you can access your insurance needs digitally. We started offering this in our Montour Falls office a few years ago and it has really grown in popularity.
Our promise to you…
Whether you’ve been a Sidle Insurance client since we opened our doors all those years ago, or you’ve just come over from Bowers and Associates, there are some things that you will be able to count on.
- We’re always going to be honest with you. As they say, honesty is always the best policy. I hold both my employees and my clients to that standard.
- Protecting your assets is our first priority. We will work on your behalf to tailor insurance coverages that offer you the best protection we can find based on two things:
1. The information that you provide to us
2. The real-life claims experience that we have witnessed over the decades
- We put an emphasis on providing you the proper coverage. We may not always offer the cheapest policy. Proper coverage may cost a little more sometimes, but with the number of companies that we work with, we can shop your coverage to find a fair and competitive rate, and also be sure that you’re getting what you pay for.
- You can expect prompt, professional and courteous service. Need a certificate or ID card? You’ll have it in minutes. Have a claims emergency? We provide you with direct access to most of our companies with 24/7/365 claims reporting capability. Can’t reach them? You get my cell phone.
Our agency is looking forward to this exciting addition and we are doing everything we can to make this transition as seamless as possible. Thank you for your time, and hopefully I’ll have the privilege of speaking with you in person sometime soon.”
David L Sidle